Creating an Export Excel Template for a Report
Once you've set up your reports, you can add a customized template to the Export Excel feature.
- Select your report from the Reports list.
- Click the "edit" icon to enter edit mode. From here, you can download an example template to use as a starting point. Click "Download example template".
- Add any number of new sheets to your example Excel template and name them whatever makes sense to you. By default, there is a "data" sheet and a "meta" sheet. This will always be the case.
- In your newly created sheets, add your formulas, charts, tables, pivot tables, etc. and style them in any way you like. When writing your formulas, be sure to always reference the information from the "data" sheet.
- Save the Excel document when you are happy with the changes you've made.
- Back in Lightship, in the same report, click "Upload Template" and select the Excel document you just saved (you can also drag and drop onto the "Upload Template" button).
- Click DONE.