Collect is an easy-to-use application that enables users in the field to collect data on and offline.
To fill out a form...
Start the form:
- Login to the Collect mobile application.
- Tap "All Forms" on your dashboard to bring up your list of available forms.
- From the form list, choose the form you'd like to fill out.
- On the instructions screen, tap 'START'.
Create your geometry:
- You will be prompted to place a point, draw a line, draw a polygon, or select a feature to attach the data to. To use your current location to drop a point, tap 'current location'.
- To drop a point manually, tap 'manual placement' and center the area where you'd like to drop the point in the middle of the crosshairs.
- Tap the green 'Next' button to confirm your point.
Answer the questions:
- Easily answer the questions in the form by tapping your selections, or by typing in the text boxes using your phone's keyboard.
- Tap the green 'Next' button at the bottom of each screen to move to the next question.
- Attach photos from your photo library or take photos with the camera (note: photos taken through the application will not be saved to your photo library).
Review and submit:
- At the review stage, ensure you've answered all the necessary or relevant questions. Questions that remain unanswered will be grey, and REQUIRED questions that remain unanswered will be red.
- You can tap any of the questions to go back to that question.
- If you're happy with your form, tap 'SAVE & UPLOAD'. The application will upload the form to your Lightship (or cache it to your phone for future submission if you're working offline).