Collect is an easy-to-use application that enables users in the field to collect data on and offline.
To fill out a form...
Start the form:
- Login to the Collect mobile application.
- Tap the green start button at the bottom of your screen to bring up your list of available forms.
- From the form list, choose the form you'd like to fill out.
- On the instructions screen, tap 'start'.
Create your geometry:
- You will be prompted to place a point, draw a line, draw a polygon, or select a feature to attach the data to. To use your current location to drop a point, tap 'current location'.
- To drop a point manually, tap 'manual pin drop' and centre the area where you'd like to drop the point in the middle of the crosshairs.
- Tap the green next button to confirm your point.
Answer the questions:
- Easily answer the questions in the form by tapping your selections, or by typing in the text boxes using your phone's keyboard.
- Tap the green 'next' button at the bottom of each screen to move to the next question.
- Attach photos from your photo library or by taking a photo with the camera (note: photos taken through the application will not be saved to your photo library).
Review and submit:
- At the review stage, ensure you've answered all the necessary or relevant questions. Questions that remain unanswered will be grey.
- You can tap any of the questions to go back to that question.
- If you're happy with your answers, tap 'save & upload'. The application will upload the form to your Maps site, or will cache it to your phone if you're working offline.