With Lightship Collect, you can access your forms and maps even when you're outside of connectivity.
Follow the steps below to use a form offline.
Before you leave service:
- Login to the Collect application.
- Tap "All Forms" to load the form list prior to leaving Wifi or Data service. Tap the form you want to use offline, and then click the back arrow (top left) to go back to the Forms list. Collect will tell you which forms are ready for offline.
In the image above, you can see the form list.
- Open the map you'd like to use as a backing map, find the area where you'll be doing the data collection on the map, and move around and zoom in/out a few times on the map to cache those map tiles.
- If you're using a linked form (a form where you select another feature to add data), open that form fromt he form list, and click "DOWNLOAD".
From the field:
- Fill out the form exactly how you would with a data or wifi connection (see here for instructions on how to fill out a form).
- Once you've reached the review stage, tap "Save & Upload". This will save the form to your device. When you go back to the map, you'll notice a blue bar at the top of your screen that says "1 form to sync."
- Continue collecting data as you would normally.
When you're back in service:
- Once you're back in service, tap the blue bar at the top of your screen. This will bring you to the log of all the form submissions you have completed today.
- Tap the "Upload All" button at the bottom of your screen. This will sync all form submissions to your Maps site.
And you're done! Click here for more information and helpful how-to articles about Lightship Collect.