A report can help you quickly find data in your system that has specific attributes. You can query and summarize based on any information in your data. So, a report might help you find all the pipes in a water infrastructure layer that have a circumference of 30-40cm.
Awesome! You have data in your site and you have created your first map!
Now to create a report so that you can highlight certain attributes within your data:
- Click the Reports icon on the left hand side of the screen. Once you have a few reports made, this is where you can access them.
- Click "CREATE NEW REPORT" at the bottom of the Report List.
- Select the layer that you want your report to be based on and click the 'CHOOSE' button.
- Give your report a name and description.
The “REPORT TYPE” allows you to choose whether users of the report will be able to view selected features on the map, export to excel, or both.
The "ALLOW AREA OF INTEREST" option allows users to draw a shape on the map and find features within the specified area.
- Click SAVE. This will open the report in editing mode like so:
- Click "ADD OPTIONS" to select which fields you want to be able to interact with in your report. This opens the list of all available fields in the layer you've selected.
- Choose some report options and click the dropdown box to the right of the field name to select how you want to interact with it.
- Click SAVE.
- Edit the report options titles if you wish and re-order them with the up and down arrows. You can also choose to make a report option required or optional.
The “EXPORT SETUP” button allows you to define what data is exported to Excel if you choose to export any data from this report.
- Click DONE and your report is complete!