Permissions in the Maps application are managed one of three ways:
Site admins: Responsible for setting up and maintaining the site. This includes building the forms, reports, and maps, and managing users/permissions.
Public: Public resources are available to the public to view and interact with (fill out forms, run reports, view maps).
Groups: Groups can have customized permissions, but cannot have the ability to create and delete data/layers. Groups are managed by Lightship, so just let us know what groups you need in your site, and we’ll add them to your user admin.
Each resource (map, form, report, project) in your site can be shared to the public, to specific groups, or to site admins only.
Here's how you can add and manage your site's users:
Note: Only Site Admin Users can add new users to a site
- Click on the settings wheel in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click "User Management". This will show you the current users, their permission settings, as well as an option to invite a new user.
- Click the "NEW USER" button at the top of the screen. Provide an email address for the individual, specify whether or not they are a site admin, and choose which groups they will belong to.
- Click INVITE and close the User Admin dialog.
- Open the map, report, or form you created earlier.
- Click the settings wheel and select which groups are able to access the resource (map/report/form).