A Project is a way of keeping all resources associated with a business project together in one place. If you are tracking all the work completed on a road renewal project, you may have a Maps Project to track to-dos, costs, contacts for the project, data collection forms, and maps that show city water infrastructure in the area. Projects make it easier to collaborate with outside agencies, and create a historical record of all actions taken.
Here's how you can create a new project:
- Click the projects icon on the left side of the screen. Once you have a few projects made, this is where you can access them.
- Click the "NEW PROJECT" button at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the project type from the list that appears and click CHOOSE.
- Fill in your project information in the "Create a New Project" dialog and click SAVE.
- Congrats! You made a project! It will give you some direction on what do do next.
Next article: Step 6: User admin and permissions.