Not only can you print a map, you can print a geo-referenced PDF map!
- Open the map, zoom to the general area, and turn on/off any layers so the map looks the way you want it to in the PDF.
- Click the "Print Preview" button in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Choose your print size in the "Print Options" dialog.
- Click "SELECT". At this point you can pan and zoom the map to get exactly what you want on the screen. Give your map a title and add any notes necessary.
- Click the Print icon in the top left corner of your screen. You will then see a dialog that will either have a download link, or it will notify you that the PDF will be emailed to you shortly.
If you want to use this map on a smartphone or tablet in the field, you can use Avenza PDF Maps to view these files. Avenza will allow you to navigate in the field using the georeferenced PDF.
The easiest way to get the geo-referenced PDF onto your mobile device will be to email it to yourself, then access your email from the mobile device to download and open the PDF.