Here's how to create a form:
- Click the Form icon in the menu on the left.
- Click "CREATE NEW FORM" at the bottom of the form list. The "Choose Form Layer" dialogue will appear. You can either create a form based on an existing layer in your map site, or you can define a new layer by clicking the "Define a new form" button.
- Click "DEFINE A NEW FORM". As an example, you can create a form for pothole sightings. Add a Name and Description and decide on a Form Type.
Note: The "Form Type" option tells the system what kind of layer you are creating. In this instance we need a "Point" layer. But in other instances, creating a "Form linked to existing layer" comes in handy too. Check out the article Creating linked tables for more details.
- Click Save.
The form will open in edit mode. Here you can add the questions (fields) that you'd like in your new form.
- Click New Question to add some questions. Type your question, field name, and select a field type. Click Save and repeat for each question.
- Click "DONE" when you are finished. The form you just created is now available in the main list of forms and is immediately available to users with appropriate permissions.