Here is how you can add data into your Maps site:
- Open the Admin. This will display a list of all the layers in your map site.
- Click the "NEW LAYER" button at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose between uploading a new layer, uploading a WMS layer, and creating a layer using an existing data source. I want to add an entirely new layer so I will click "Upload new layer".
- Click "Upload a file" to browse your computer for the file. Here is a sample file you can download and use to try uploading a layer: Water Mains. You can also drag and drop a file into the "Upload a file" green button area.
- You can change the filename of your layer if desired.
- Once you have selected the file for upload, click "Save".
If you are loading really large data, Lightship will email you when the data has finished loading.
You should see your layer in the layer list in the Admin section, and your layer is ready to be added to any map. From here you can also edit the layer including the name, style, scale dependency and more.