How to use the distance and area measuring tool:
- Click the ruler button in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
- You can change the unit of measurement by clicking "Units" in the bottom left corner of the measure tool dialogue. A pop up will appear, where you can select your units and then click the X in the top right corner.
- To start, click on the map. You'll see an info pop up showing the current area and length of your selection.
- As you draw your line, the info pop up will automatically show you the length of your current line. In addition, it will determine the area, denoted by the shaded area.
- At any point, you can click the first point to close the shape.
That's it. You're ready to start measuring!