With Lightship Collect, you can access your forms and maps even when you’re outside of connectivity.
Before you leave service:
- Tap “All Forms” to load the form list prior to leaving WiFi or Data service. Tap the form you want to use offline, and then click the back arrow (top-left) to go back to the Forms List. Collect will tell you which forms are ready for offline creation.
- To see previous form submissions for offline editing, tap "DOWNLOAD" when on the Instructions screen. You will see that your form is "Ready for offline editing".
- Open the map you’d like to use, find the area where you’ll be working, and move around/ zoom in/out a few times on the map to cache those map tiles.
In the Field:
- Fill out the form exactly how you would with WiFi or Data connection.
- Once you’ve reached the review state, tap “Save & Upload”. This will save the form to your device. When you return to the map, you’ll notice a blue bar at the top of your screen that reads “1 Form to sync”.
- Continue collecting data as you would normally.
When you’re back in service:
- Once you’re back in service, tap the blue bar at the top of your screen. This will bring you to the log of all the form submissions you have completed.
- Tap the “Upload All” button at the bottom of your screen. This will sync all form submissions to your Lightship site.