A base map is any collection of workspace-agnostic layers that provide additional geographic context (layers added to a base map will not be affected by workspace filters such as date/time range and AOI).
There are 2 ways to create a base map to visualize your data:
- Click the 'Maps' icon on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Click "NEW" on the top-right of the Base Map List.
- Alternatively, you can right-click on the map and click "CREATE NEW MAP HERE".
For each you need to do the following:
- Provide a name and description of your base map.
- Decide whether or not you wish to copy the layers currently on the base map. This is useful if you wish to create a base map out of layers that you are already viewing on the site. Toggle on "COPY LAYERS FROM CURRENT MAP".
- Click "SAVE". This will create the base map and open it in editing mode.
In Edit mode you can change the title and description of the base map. You can change the background, and you can change the position and zoom scale be re-positioning it and click "Set to my current state".
Now you have a base map! Add layers to the base map by clicking the green "ADD LAYERS" button.