In order to create a new Project in Lightship, you need to start by creating and using a Project Template.
Project Templates are the starting point for all projects, and help to organize projects based on the type of work that is being done within them. Each Project Template can have a preset format of resources that are automatically assigned to new Projects that are created using that template. This ensures that you don't need to start from scratch each time you are creating a new project of an existing type or category!
For example, if you are working on Asset Management with the Public Works Department, you could create an Asset Management Template which would include the Maps, Forms, Reports, and Teams that you would need. From there, you can filter further by creating projects that are for specific areas/locations or dates.
How to Create a New Project Template:
- Click the Admin icon in the bottom-left corner of the browser.
- Ensure that you are in the Project Administration tab. (The folder will be a darker blue, and the title at the top of the screen will be "All Projects".)
- Below the header "PROJECT TEMPLATES", click "MANAGE TEMPLATES".
- In the top-right corner of the browser, click "NEW TEMPLATE+".
- Add your New Project Template AutoKey Prefix, Name & Description.
- Click "CREATE".
- Add Template Resources to your Project Template.
*Note: Whenever you create a Project using this template, all of the template resources will automatically be assigned to the project being created.*
- Once you've added all of the resources you would like to have in the template, click "Project Templates" on the top-left of the screen to return to the Project Template Menu.
- Click "Projects" on the top-left of the screen to return to the Projects Menu.
- Now you can start creating New Projects with the template that you've created.