Lightship Workspaces, previously known as 'Projects', allow you to share and organize related work, prioritize and assign tasks, and communicate with your team in real-time. Task management, data collection, and communication are all made easy using Lightship Workspaces!
To give a person access to a workspace, add at least one of their teams to the workspace in the Lightship Control Center.
The workspace dashboard contains the high-level workspace details, a task status summary, and a real-time feed of workspace-specific conversations and data collection.
The workspace map allows users to view tasks, people, and other spatial data in a combined geographic layout.
- Area of Interest: the geographic extent of the workspace.
- Tasks: any tasks within the workspace that have been assigned a location.
- People: any people within the workspace that have shared their location using the Lightship Status mobile app.
- Workspace Layers: any layers that have been added to this workspace (workspace filters such as date/time range and AOI will affect the visibility of workspace layer features).
- Base Map: any collection of workspace-agnostic layers that provide additional geographic context (layers added to a base map will not be affected by workspace filters such as date/time range and AOI).
The workspace task list contains all tasks related to the workspace in a single, filterable view.
The workspace form list contains all forms available from within this workspace.
*In order for a user to have access to a form, the form must be added to one of their teams.
The workspace feature search allows users to query, highlight, export, and summarize data in a way that is easy to understand. Feature searches are highly customizable and can be quickly built to your exact specifications and modified at any time.
The list of people in a workspace is reflective of the teams that have been added to the workspace.
For more information on managing people in your Lightship site, check out How To: Add/Manage People.
The list of teams in a workspace will determine which people have access to it and which people can be made workspace managers.
For more information on managing teams in your Lightship site, check out How To: Create/Manage Teams.
Workspace managers can administer resources within workspaces that are under their management. This includes:
- Editing workspace details (such as name, ID, description, date/time range, tags)
- Archiving/activating the workspace
- Adding/removing workspace resources such as forms, feature searches, teams, layers, and base maps.
The list of layers added to a workspace will be visible from the workspace map view. Filters applied to the workspace, such as date/time range and AOI, will affect the visibility of workspace layer features.
Base maps are collections of workspace-agnostic layers that provide additional geographic context for your workspace map. Selecting a default base map will ensure that a specific base map will automatically be applied to your map view whenever you access the workspace.